Weight/Strength Training, Week 1, Day 1 (Chest and Back)
This will be a routine for Week 1 - 4, Day 1 for the whole of January. Collected these few odd routines from Men's Health's Compound Training regime (UK edition).
1) Barbell Bench Press - 3 sets, 15 reps (weight 30kg)
2) Incline Dumbell Presses - 3 sets, 15 reps (weight 30kg)
3) Incline Dumbell Flyes - 3 sets, 15 reps (weight 20kg)
4) Swissball Back Extension- 3 sets, 15 reps (with 15kg weight)
5) Barbell Bent-over Row - 3 sets, 15 reps (weight 40kg)
6) Romanian Deadlift - 3 sets, 15 reps (weight 25kg)
7) Lat Pulldown - 3 sets, 15 reps (weight 16kg)
8) Crunches - 100 reps
9) Raised Leg Crunches - 60 reps
10) Plank - 3 sets, 60 seconds/rep
Incline dubmbell flyes are still tough, and trying not to compromise on the weights. Barbell Bent-over row was also dreadful, but I loved the intense feeling afterwards on my 'tulang kipas' on my back.
Meal prior was a bowl of wholewheat cereal with almonds, and low fat milk. Meal after workout was the Creatine mix, water, and (1) energy bar. Had a considerable lunch an hour later of leftover pomfrets, chicken breast rendang, and some beansprouts with 2 spoonfuls of tiramisu ice-cream.