Training Log, 07/02/09

My running mileage for the first week of February is 0. I have skipped my runs too many, and it is time to make up.

On Saturday, I was wishing that I could have woken up half-an hour earlier, but my biological clock seems to be programmed at 5.45 a.m. as opposed to my wish to wake up at 5.00 a.m.. After light breakfast, toilet break, solat etc, I only managed to wheel away at 6.30 a.m. 

The traffic has since building up at Batu Caves, and I was further delayed. Damn! (not damn the festivity and the peeps, but damn my waking up late).

Started running at a steady pace. If I have time (i.e. before 9.00 a.m.), I had wished to go for the full half marathon. Lari punya lari, I completed 4th loop at about 8.30 a.m. Torn between pushing another loop, I did half of it, knowing all too well that I will be stranded by Batu Caves. My wife will be late to her BodyStep class.

Quickly, I ran the last 2km + very hard, and turned back for quick warm-downs. Up, down, stretches here and there, just enough not to injure myself, I ran to the carpark and sped home. As expected, I spent about 45 minutes at the Batu Caves stretch. But I reached home in time to send wifey to LRT station. 

Total mileage - 18.3 km.

The rest of the day was spent eating. I scraped half of Iris' nasi lemak for breakfast, and we went to Wong Solo for lunch where we had the ayam penyet, fried anchovies with tempe pedas, sup asam and hot schrimp (exclusively for Iris only), but I kept the rice to a quarter of a plate. I stole 2 of Iris' Twix, and few sip of wifey's Bandung Soda. For dinner, wifey cooked a delicious kuetiaw bandung and the full bowl that I had was very filling. Man, all the salt and grease from the lunch was piled on by somewhat heavy dinner at 9.30 p.m. 

I do not feel guilty to indulge, but I do not feel good in over-indulging myself. That is it - no rest day for me tomorrow. I will do another quick 10km tomorrow! It won't justify all the fat I gobbled, but I need help anywhere possible.

Comments

Popular Posts