Training Summary - 09-14 Feb 2009

I started off this week with a new routine extracted from Arnel Ricafranca, which is quite similar to Turbulence Training by Craig Ballantyne. This is a long overdue departure from the old routines I have had since July last year. Long overdue because I think I have hit a plateau since after Aidilfitri last year, but did not actually do anything to rectify that. As a result, my weight is not properly managed, and so I thought, I am growing 'softer' round the edges. 

It's a 5-day/week programme, which targets the whole body, and mostly work on big core muscles, and some concentrative muscles. It is a 16-weeks programme that according to Arnel will make physical definition so solid, and core muscles so strong. This will be a very long 16 weeks. I am putting up a pic of my body now to see the comparison beyond this exercise for reference.

The Monday program was as follows;
A1 : Dumbell Presses (3 sets, 8 reps, 45 lbs)
A2 : Staggered Cable Pullover (3 sets, 8 reps, 30 lbs)
B1 : Pull-ups (3 sets, 8 reps)
B2 : Shoulder Presses (3 sets, 8 reps, 30 lbs)
B3 : Dumbell Squats (3 sets, 8 reps, 30 lbs)
C1 : Cable Crossover (2 sets, 10 reps, 20 lbs)
C2 : Bicep Curls (2 sets, 10 reps, 25 lbs)
D1 : Hip Bridge (3 sets, 15 reps)
D2 : Reverse Crunches (75 reps)
D3 : Abs Wiggles (2 sets, 15 reps)
D4 : Crunches (100 reps)

A, B, C, Ds are supersets.

Will post Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays routine later.

I stop running 8km at the park due to many reasons - (1) not burning any fat as the body is so accustomed to it, (2) the loops are boring, and (3) don't want to pay parking fees every time running. Instead, I returned to the gym and do many sets of Interval Trainings.

I understand that over the months after Ramadhan last year, I have lost a lot of my speed and breathing technique went crazy that it is very hard to concentrate. I figure this could be from the low lactate threshold and lack of leg muscle training. I need to return to the basic if KLIM '09 Half Marathon is a go.

I have also changed my LSD runs from Saturday to Sunday due to various reasons : (1) i used to run LSD on Saturday and have a cheat day on Sundays. After a while, Saturdays and Sundays are my cheat days, and that has proven to be too much of freeloading, (2) always rushing back home to accommodate wifey's Step class at the gym around 9 a.m., and running mileage was always cut short to allow for traveling time, and (3) lately there are many 'jemputan makan-makan' and weddings on Sundays, which I figured having a long run in the morning shall justify the extra chicken I put on my plate. So Saturdays are now exclusive for few rounds of easy runs with wifey and Iris at the park.

Now that's precious...

Comments

Popular Posts