Recovery Run, Monday 09/11/09

Much has been said about running in the rain these past few days - its advantages etc etc and etc. And I have ran in the rain many times before, only now it has become some lame excuse not to run some days (pathetic sungguh!). Anyway, we were driving between Kajang - Puchong - TTDI in a thunderstorm just before 5p.m. and I thought all is lost.

Hearing the word 'wimp', I drove off to KLCC, with hopes to wait it out. Tak kira lah, I thought. In the car, I reminisced the good days of my rain runs, and not to overthink the possibility of catching a cold. Furthermore, I had a BigMac for lunch and its glorious fries etc, so I was feeling veeeerrry guilty, lah to put it blindly. On the AKLEH, rain subsided a little, and more of a runnable weather.

I arrived at the park and quickly changed (have been doing that for quite some time - stripping and the towel etc hahahaha). I could see some 2 runners going at it in the rain, and an auntie walking with her umbrella. I had a power walk for five minutes, and trudges on. My target was to do a recovery easy run 5k as my calves are still slightly sore from the LSD yesterday.

Once I started running, I was quickly reminded the joy of rain running - less traffic, no humidity, and cool air. Never mind the pelting rain on my face. The rain quickly subsided into a cool mist, and by now more runners have started running but still less as compared on any given day. My faith and confidence running in water from the sky is restored! I think that is why KLCC Park is good as runners are constantly lending their mutual moral support to strangers like me, and other mortals moving about the park do not really give a damn about you running in whenever. Self conscious? sadly, yes.

I did not stop at 5k, but moved on. I felt great, which was welcomed. Hopefully I get to burn all my unhealthy lunch. I finished 10k just after maghrib, and had a good warm-downs. Had a nutbar, protein shake, lots of water and drove home. Today's run was good. I think I am doing OK to overcome any runs beyond (ehem!) 4k since Ramadhan this year... hahahah.

Comments

tolldoll said…
running in the rain is great. I prefer it the same reason you do - less people, and the whole world's yours.

im always curious about running in the klcc park. I'm just slightly tempted but because most of the people I work with would be there is not a nice factor hehe. But it would be great to hit the park in the morning right?
tolldoll said…
would love to join the trail run (kan?) this saturday but I am sort of suckered into a badminton tournament. At the same time maybe it's a good thing - I'm totally unfit to attempt running with the same pace as both of you and kooky kash hehe.

however, I would take any short run with the both of you other than the saturday.
Julin Julai said…
wah! siap recovery run tuuu..recovery for me is not running for 2 days post my short LSD.. I am a wimp..haha
Che said…
i agree with u jue.. but my recovery lagi teruk, after genting, a whole week of resting :P but when i ran 5km last sunday, flying colors.. but i havent run in the rain for quite some time though..
iamsyah said…
nadia : I tak fit lah, kalau you tengok I lari LSD macam siput, maa heehe. Will keep you informed for next week's (this week kash will be running 5k at kiara) so we could run togeder-geder

JJ : hahhah, I know you are a fast runner. kalau lawan 10k ngan you mesti i makan asap punye hahahah.

Che : Sebenarnye rasa bersalah and takut kalau I would be the last runner masa SCSM next month, so gasak je lah ni. so gerak-gerak la mana yg patut hahahaha
iamsyah said…
nadia : btw, klcc park in the morning is good too as runners tak ramai. try to hit the park before 7a.m., lagi tenang dan nyaman...
Anonymous said…
Aaaaa...I know the number one reason you guys love running in the rain...heh heh heh...
iamsyah said…
ahahahah Haza... thanks for generalising that statement to (guys)... phew, kalau tak i rasa macam pervert je hahaha. tu kira bonus maa... peace!
shuklazim said…
syah, kiara trail saturday ni on kan? nak kena buat before salomon nih..
iamsyah said…
shuk : the Kiara trail run is on this saturday. RV at Kiara carpark (depan BAKTI) - at the pondok at the top of the long carpark, meeting around 7a.m. Run starts at 7.30a.m. See you there! O bring your water sebab takde tempat nak refill.
iamsyah said…
Shuk : refer latest updates for Kiara trail run this Saturday at Kash's blog. RV time at 7.15 at Kiara carpark in front of school (Jalan Haji Openg?) See you there, bro...

Popular Posts