Now I meant it when I say it - I salute triathletes... Even more so, Ironmans.
Before, I did not fully understand what it was, but man... this takes months of trainings, literally.
OK, I attempted my Sprint Tri simulation yesterday (kampung-style), so to speak. It was, well... hilarious, to say the least. And it was not coordinated in time too, and stretched the whole day.
1) Swam during lunch, never letting go the delicious prospects of 'polishing' my skin blacker, and the cool water under the cloudless sky, hot afternoon. Did 200m warm-up, and 100m speed drills x 8. Forgot to bring my Polar, and hence time was not measured.
2) Transition 1 - 1.50 p.m. - 6.35 p.m.. The transition includes few meetings, caffeine, dash to Jalan T.A.R for book shopping, and stuck in traffic due to the WIEF at KL Convention Centre. By 6.25 p.m., I strolled into Adidas at Pavilion to kecoh-kecoh on MiAdidas shoes, and some running gears
3) Entered RPM under Azmy, not sure how far we went yesterday, with rolling hills and 'bonus' resistance within that 50 minutes. I couldn't tell whether I was sweating, or just came out from the shower. Nothing spectacular, it was just cycling under the deafening music and coach Azmy's sudden burst of encouragements, and the sound of his solitary laughs...
Quads felt like bursting open off the skin, and I was sorry I forgot the Gato in the locker
4) Transition 2 - short drive to KLCC Park, again held up by traffic. Should have ran there ekceli... By the time I parked my car and lock (no need to change), 15 minutes were lost. I jogged to the starting line.
5) Started running, and it was slow. I could feel the repetitive locomotion from the RPM still, and did not feel my running legs. It felt like I was still on a bike. The pace was slow, took me 9mins/1.3k loop. the calves and quads were screaming mad at the sore, but I knew I could run this course, so no discount there.
The park was deserted and I was hungry. I had sips of Gatorade in between, but the last meal was at 5 p.m., and the hunger seriously beating my eyes which were half-closed, and I was drowsy in fatigue. I have not felt this hungry for ages!
Finished 5.2k, 30 mins, and quickly stretched, and jogged back to the car
I suppose the next routine was speeding like mad with our trusted Wira the Warrior to kedai mamak to buy dinner (Naan and Tandoori), and fetched the girls. Changed in the car in between the kedai mamak and the girls, so Aiden will not be repulsed by my sweat etc (now, Iris just couldn't be bothered if I was sweating profusely and smell like a rotten egg).
Needless to say, I went home to a hearty dinner, and went to bed super full. And the sleep was priceless... no dream, no sweat (also thanks to Aiden for not waking (me) up). Wifey was also super champion to get the girls to bed on time, although we have to do separate dinner.
And the morning after, was, well... fresh.
Seriously, all you triathletes and Ironmans out there... you guys are super crazy!
p/s : the term 'goyang-goyang' was adopted from Nadia's telur-mata kerbau (?)