A Pick Me Up

AdiNation is like a good spank on the bottom, when the week slowly dwindles into a black hole. And I have missed many spankings in the past months, and today was, well, a good spank.

It's good to see and make friends to more runners, who without which, are some familiar strangers who happen to run at KLCC Park. We cross every laps, sometimes throwing smiles, the hands, etc... 

Weather was almost perfect, after the mid-afternoon rain and slight drizzle, and not devoid of interesting geleks of the cik kak-cik kak tediously pocot-pocot-ing away to the banghra-beat. Every Tuesdays and Thursdays, whenever I have time - that stretch is my favourite... coming down from an incline past the 300m marker, into the flats and full view of the Stonor's magnificent super condominiums. The beat adds spice and solace to the small climb towards the 600m marker and the next water station.

Immediate target is to pace Ronnie for the first 2 laps next week. It was a moment in time when I managed to rub shoulders with him and Kenny, and he super generously would spill all trades if you happen to care. We all learn need to learn a thing or two all the time...
Finished 6.9k in 34:04. 

I have also trying some forefoot strikes. Not easy, especially when the stability NB1224 lets the gravity pulls to the heels. And the additional strains on the knees and calves required some TLC afterwards. But, visibly I could feel beyond the placebo effect of the speed picking up, that my laboured breathing was a testament of harder working lungs playing catch up.
More of that, I suppose.

Comments

Gerb said…
Dah lama tak dengar pasal Adination. :)
Diket said…
Bro, do it easily. Build those calves and forefoot or midfoot will actually avoid stressing the knees. That's what I felt la. I've reduced taking glucosamine since I tried fore/midfoot run.
Next Thursday mau turun gelanggang klcc la macam ni :)
Have a nice weekend bro.
ziff71 said…
i miss running there. Another extended zero week until next week but may b i can join the cik kakak pocot o pocot group :)

Popular Posts