Oh-my-freaking-God! Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2011 is just 11 days away!

I was browsing their website just now and the clock is ticking like a death sentence. 11-freaking days. I kid you not - I am scared. The last time I ran the distance was year, so there it is. I do not know how my friends could do a FM every other weekend nowadays like squeezing Febreeze into the air - I cannot even begin to fathom how gigantic a scale this is.

I know some people are thinking I am kidding myself, that I am ready for this etc etc etc. To be frankly honest - I am not sure. My heart is not entirely saying yes, and my feet are still pretty much in the box in the store. When the day comes, I will have chills and the whole animal kingdom drumming in me. I forgot that running a marathon is not an easy feat.

I need to finish compiling my playlist this weekend!

I need to finalise my pace note. One plan is to run with Izuan, so we'd push each other, but we'll see. 

I need to visualize the routes again, and psyche myself that the Jalan Ipon and Jalan Kuching stretch is not that bad.

I need to get my hydration and meal acts together, and start stuffing them.

I need to think of the reward for me post race - most probably some long sleep and lounging around doing nothing.

And this year I will be missing some fellow comrades. Surely not as fun. 

Comments

Jaja Shah said…
OMG too!!! let's have fun!
RaYzeef said…
wah Izuan dah jadi Groupie Avatar rupanya..

Good luck Syah, we'll believe that u will complete this like "kacang puteh" as always :p
Diket said…
Just make sure you enjoy this one bro, as it should be. Hopefully the missing fellow comrades can have another shot at the next marathon :]
iamsyah said…
Kak Pah - need to re-define fun :D

Ray - kitorang nak apply jadi groupie OtoRayMan, tapi application kena reject - how?

Diket - It'll be more enjoyable kalau korang ada sekali kan... kau tunggu aku kat Ibrahimsha lah, kasi pompom sikit
Unknown said…
Fuh baru ni dapat post comment kat sini (thanks to DM!) Hmmm.. kalau kau, aku tak risaulah, sure berdesup punye. Kacang putih jer ni utk kau. Anyway, gud luck bro!
June Malik said…
you forgot one thing, stop at kedai runcit anak mami :) just give it your best syah , in the end that's what counts kan??
Khairul said…
I gotta feeling, a good feeling that celeb-runner Syah will nail this one very easily and sits down having roti telur with Diket Menchannak at Ibrahimsha while watching us slow runners waddling on...LOL!
Gut lark Syah!!!
iamsyah said…
Thanks Zack, KJ and KA - as troubled as it sounds, I am severely worried as I do not have the same feelgood feeling like last year, and a little lost in training, hence the confidence. I hope bucking up these last few days will fire up the furnace once again :D,

Thanks for your faith in me!
ezooone said…
:D ok bro..dah pikir masak2..ok kot we pace together2..i heard good reviews about u being a good sweeper..hahahah!!kidding bro..bole lah..see u SCKLM! :D
IJAM said…
kalau ada target gila2 memang le azab nak mengejor cita cita nya tu..
tapi goal mesti ada, tak achieve goal, buat goal lain.
tapi mesti boleh la lu..lama tak lari, ibarat air lama tak keluar la tu..
EnAikAY said…
Bro, tadi petang akak poco2 kat KLCC park tanya kenapa kau lama tak turun....
iamsyah said…
wan - ok cayok... kau jangan tarik aku macam kita lari kat klcc udah le

ijam - memang azab kalau targat nak ngejor kau... makin bertambah dasyat ni... air lama tak keluar, berat le bai

Nik - semalam aku duty poco poco tempat lain... akak tu tak check status FB lah tu...

Popular Posts